Monday, April 25

Herencia Cafe Review

For our first lunch in Ilocos, my family and I decided to eat at the infamous Herencia Cafe, home of the pinakbet pizza. It is located in front of the Paoay Church, right across the PAOAY standee. You will not miss it because of the throng of visitors that frequent the place.







I was extremely excited when I heard that they serve a different kind of pizza because I love pizzas. Unfortunately, I think most of the tourists were looking forward for a bite of this one-of-a-kind food as there were a lot of people waiting to be served!

My family and I arrived at the restaurant a little after eleven and it was packed! I was worried about my dad because he's really hungry and it was very hot. Thankfully, the owner saw us and seeing that my dad is a PWD, immediately assisted us to the nearest waiting area.



We waited for about thirty minutes before we were able to get a table. We ordered pinakbet pizza, crispy pata, pasta Ilokana, mushroom soup for Z and my "newly-braced"sister, carbonara, chopsuey, and pitchers of homemade iced tea. We didn't know that it will take another forty minutes before we can eat but alas, we were already there.

The soup and the pizza were served first. The pizza was yummy and it tasted best when paired with the bagoong isda (which was ingeniously placed inside tabasco containers). The soup was okay, I guess, because Z finished it up and asked for another serving.


I was not able to take a photo of the rest of our orders because my entire family was famished. A foodie tip though: the carbonara was bland but we liked the pasta Ilokana. Don't order the chopsuey because it was too soggy. The pinakbet pizza and the crispy pata were the highlight of our meal.

Final Verdict

I can see why there is a hype with the pinakbet pizza because it was truly one-of-a-kind. But I do hope they'll expand their restaurant because it is a big hit among tourists, making it too difficult to be served on time.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...